Based in Quebec City, CA
April 28, 2016
FATED: The Silent Oath is a first-person immersive adventure set in the mythical age of Vikings and built specifically for Virtual Reality. Written by Assassin’s Creed writer Jill Murray, FATED tells the story of the exile of a man and his family during Ragnarök – the end times. As he travels with them, he comes across a mix of touching and terrifying events, learning about himself and his loved ones, taking the players on an emotional rollercoaster that occurs all around them in 360 degrees.
“Fear is a concept that is relatively easy to achieve in Virtual Reality, but for FATED, we wanted to explore compassion, sadness, happiness and other complex emotions”, said Vincent Martel, Executive Producer at Frima Studio. “Nothing is stronger than the connection between a parent and his child. We knew we would strike a sensitive chord with players in FATED.”
- FATED is a first-person virtual reality action-adventure game. It is a highly polished episodic game that showcases the best that VR has to offer.
- FATED proposes a strong story-driven experience in which emotion and gameplay are smartly woven together.
New trailer YouTube
Main theme YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Stop spraying me with water, I like Fated: The Silent Oath just fine"
- Dave Tach, Polygon
- "Triggering emotions in virtual reality with Frima Studio's Fated"
- James Batchelor, Develop Online
- "Launch Trailer for ‘FATED: The Silent Oath’ is a Glimpse at a Beautiful VR World"
- David Jagneaux, Upload VR
- "Fated: A Story-Driven VR RPG Experience"
- Terry OBrien, MMORPG
- "PAX EAST 2016 | A Carriage Ride Turned Ugly In "Fated""
- kingbabyduck, Electric Sistahood
Follow the developers at fatedblog.com.
Get the latest news on twitter.com.
Get in touch on facebook.com.
Since its creation in 2003, Frima, now a leader in entertainment and innovation, has developed a complete portfolio of media products ranging from virtual worlds and mobile apps to console, social and Web games. Its expertise also extends to special effects, animation and visual design, as well as connected toys and objects. In addition to working in close collaboration with internationally renowned partners such as Disney, Lego, Mattel, Activision, Warner and Ubisoft, Frima has developed successful products in its own right, including Chariot, Nun Attack, Zombie Tycoon and A Space Shooter. With over 200 industry professionals on staff, Frima develops top-quality products that stand out artistically, technologically, and from a business model perspective.
More information on Frima, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Fated: The Silent Oath Credits